Thursday 22 September 2011

Scilly and more

My last post on Sunday was done in a state of shock and I have since had time to calm down, finish work that I abandoned on Saturday and sort out some more pictures. We returned from Scilly on Monday after seeing the Black and White Warbler again(below) and a crackin Red-eyed Vireo on the Garrison. On the way home me and Dan stopped at Davidstow and got some brilliant views of the White-rumped Sandpiper which had been present for a day or so.

Today I twitched the Long-toed Stint and despite dippin it, got a consolation prize in the form of a really smart juvenile Pallid Harrier at Burpham, Sussex. Myself and Dan Pointon are setting off tomorrow morning for 10 days yank/sibe hunting on Shetland so watch this space, I will try and update daily.




White-rumped Sandpiper, Davidstow Airfield, Cornwall


Black-and-White Warbler, Black and White Woods, St Mary's, Scilly


Bee-eater, St Mary's, Scilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment